Rooted, Growing, and Branching Out in God's Love

Community (Page 3)

Generosity Devotional & Journal

Click this link to open the Generosity Devotional and Journal: https://stjohnsumctc.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/Generosity-2021-Booklet.pdf Our hope is that you will use this resource in your daily devotion and prayer. There are devotionals, scriptures and places to journal each day. We are so grateful to the authors who shared their hearts and stories of generosity and faith. As you…

Sunday Worship–Virtual Service June 7, 2020

Greetings St John’s Friends and Family, Today we start at new sermon series that will be based on a variety of stories. Some of theses stories will be familiar and some not so familiar. Each week we will have a children’s story paired with a Biblical narrative. This week, we’ll hear about two kings that…

Friday Devotions–June 5, 2020

Thanks to Terry Fry for sharing this devotion with our St. John’s family. We hope to share a devotion written by someone in our congregation each Friday. WHAT KEEPS ME GOING Philippians 4:13I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. What keeps me going? At the present day and time, it is my…

Sunday Worship–Virtual Worship May 31, 2020

Dear St. John’s Family and Friends, Before you enter into worship today, I want to share with you that the sermon was recorded on Wednesday evening. For that reason, the sermon does not adequately reflect current events that have taken place late in the week. So, there are a few thoughts that have been heavy…

Friday Devotions–May 29, 2020

Thanks to Gary Scoggin for sharing this devotion with our St. John’s family. We hope to share a devotion written by someone in our congregation each Friday. PSALM 23 “The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures.” So far, 2020 has been quite the year; perhaps…

Sunday Worship–Virtual Worship May 24, 2020

Dear friends and family of St. John’s, It is Sunday morning and Memorial Day weekend. I encourage you this morning to take a moment to remember the men and women that have served this country with honor and courage through the generations. They leave us with a great legacy we know as freedom that came…

Friday Devotions–May 22, 2020

Thanks to Allison Morgan for sharing this devotion with our St. John’s family. We hope to share a devotion written by someone in our congregation each Friday. When Cindy asked me to write something about how my faith is helping me through these uncertain times it did not take me more than 5 minutes to…

Sunday Worship–Virtual Church May 17, 2020

Dear friends and family of St John’s, We come to another Sunday and we are still worshiping apart. I continue to miss you and our time spent together in the sanctuary on Sundays. This Pandemic is changing the way we do things. Change happens. While we are in this liminal space, the space between what…

Friday Devotions–May 15, 2020

Thanks to Ingrid Clark for sharing this devotion with our St. John’s family. We hope to share a devotion written by someone in our congregation each Friday. RUNNING THE RACE OF FAITH WITH PEACE I used to be an avid runner, but these days running is one of the last things I ever want to…