January 25, 2018 @ 6:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Meeting will be in the Church Office
- To supervise and maintain all property belonging to St. John’s United Methodist Church so that the ministries of the congregation can be effective.
- Responsibilities: The trustees together have several legal and administrative functions. They are to:
- oversee, maintain, and supervise all local church property
- report annually to the charge conference on the state of the church’s property, equipment, investments, and resources
- receive and administer all gifts made to the congregation; make certain that all trust funds of the congregation are invested properly
- ensure that the articles of incorporation of the congregation are kept up-to-date, if applicable
- be responsible, in conjunction with the pastor, for all use of the church buildings and grounds
- maintain adequate insurance coverage on all church property and develop appropriate risk management policies
- submit to the committee on finance the annual budget requests for insurance, property maintenance and improvement, and new property purchases
- be accountable to the charge conference and to the church council.
Source: The Book of Discipline of The United Methodist Church and Trustees Guidelines
- Chair: TBD
- Members: Trustees – 2018
- Lori Boston (18) Glenn Sheffield (18) Dee Ann Haney (19) Jason Hayley (19) Connie Lausen (19) Andy Lailhengue (20) Pam Welch (20) Chase Busby (20)